Tuesday 8 June 2010

EVERY GAME IS ANNIHILATION!

I always sort of laughed at them before.... "But... YOU CAN'T EVEN WIN GAMES WITH THEM!!!!1" ...but it's been eating away at my subconscious for a while. And I have decided I want to build a 1500pt Alpha Strike force as a foil for my super serious mechanized list.

In my mind I am going to justify this as Captain Ebrah's entire company succumbing to the the Black Rage during the recent history of the Flesh Tearer's chapter. An event which was one of the most devastating of it's history. I'll put it at around 250 years before Gabriel Seth became Chapter Master. Kind of like a fun historical re-enactment in my mind.

So... seeing as it is for fun, I am just going to fill the list up with things I love! After writing everything I wanted to actually use I was roughly 400pts over! I had to remove an entire unit and take out a couple of upgrades but we got it down to 1500pts in the end, so I am gonna try this.... Forget playing sensibly, forget controlling the DC and taking vehicles. That's all for people who want to win sensibly. I'm just strapping them into jump packs and drop pods and pointing them in the general direction I want death to occur.

Now, you NEED to take Astorath to unlock more Death Company, however I am unsure as it stands whether I want to actually take Astorath himself or use a Counts As and put that Carnarvon model on the table instead. I am sure in his service history he has lead more than 20 Death Company into battle at some point!

So with Astorath the first obligatory selection.... the rest was pretty easy to work out. Only 3 other unit types to juggle!

Astorath 220

220pts


Reclusiarch 130

Infernus Pistol 15

145pts


5 Death Company w/ Jump Packs 185

Thunder Hammer 30

2 Power Weapons 30

Infernus Pistol 15

260pts


7 Death Company 140

Power Fist 25

Power Weapon 15

1 Infernus Pistol 15

Drop Pod 35

230pts


8 Death Company 160

Thunder Hammer 30

2 Power Weapons 30

2 Infernus Pistols 30

Drop Pod w/ Locator Beacon 45

295


Death Company Dreadnought 125

Blood Talons

Heavy Flamer 10

Drop Pod 35

170pts


Death Company Dreadnought 125

Blood Talons

Heavy Flamer 10

Drop Pod w/ Locator Beacon 45

180pts


Total: 1500pts

One dread and the 8 man squad come down in turn one, and hopefully take out 2 chunky armoured targets. Then I bring down the other 3 units via Deep Strike with the Reclusiarch joining the 7 man squad, and Astorath joins the Jump Pack squad.

And then we just chase everything down for the rest of the game, screaming a lot.

I REEEAAAALLLLYYYY want to build a Chaplain that looks like this guy...


So more stuff to build.... it's almost as if I do it to put off painting anything!

3 comments:

  1. Can I suggest jumppacks all around instead of drop pods? They will catch stuff rather then be lead around.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    I find Jump Packs are prohibitively expensive for DC in this iteration of the Codex. The intention of the Drop Pods is to get the Death Company where they need to go, thus bypassing the need to worry about chasing insignificant units.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you find only "playing for the draw" in games other than Annihilation?? As a fellow Flesh Tearers Player, it quite fun knowing that you have to kill everything so that they cant win !!!

    I'm also using a similar list to you, Astorath and Death Company to the MAX!!

    ReplyDelete